VR Group - News and press releases
- Tatu Tuominen appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications
Tatu Tuominen, 48, M.Pol.Sc, has been appointed VR Group’s Senior Vice President, Communications. He will take up his new position on 15 January 2018. Since 201... Read more
- VR Group’s profitability increased significantly
Net sales increased in January−September by 5.8 per cent to EUR 923.5 (872.6) million.
The Group's operating profit for the period was EUR 82.5 (25.5) million,... Read more
- New electric locomotives serving freight traffic
VR Group’s Sr3 electric locomotives make it possible to apply new, efficient operating models in freight traffic. The new workhorse with its versatile features ... Read more
- VR to acquire new rolling stock for domestic long-distance traffic
Strong growth continues in domestic rail travel. VR will buy new rolling stock for long-distance traffic from Transtech with the aim of responding to the increa... Read more
- VR aims for strong position in competitively tendered passenger services
On 9 August, the Ministry of Transport and Communications announced its plans for opening up passenger services to competitive tendering on an accelerated timet... Read more
- VR Group's operating profit increased substantially
VR Group’s operating profit in the January to June period was EUR 36.8 million and improved from the EUR 1.2 million in the previous year.
In passenger traffic... Read more
- VR Group is selling its head office: Scandic to open a hotel in Helsinki Railway Station
VR Group is selling its head office, located in connection with Helsinki Railway Station, to real estate investment company Exilion, which will renovate the fac... Read more
- New Vectron locomotives in action soon
The first Sr3 electric locomotive starts to operate in commercial traffic on Wednesday, 31 May.
The first eight Sr3 electric locomotives were officially transf... Read more
- A strong first quarter for VR Group
VR Group’s net sales have increased by 10.6 per cent, with operating profit amounting to EUR 15.3 million.
From January through March, 21.7 million journeys we... Read more
- Practice familiar from the metro extended to trains: Buy your ticket before boarding the commuter train
On 19 June, a new customer service model will be introduced in the Helsinki region commuter trains. Ticket sales in commuter trains will end and conductors w... Read more
- First MaaS pilots realised this spring: VR to start building travel chains in Finland
VR will build nationwide travel chains in Finland to make travelling smoother and more carefree. Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is an entity in which VR can serve... Read more
- Strong performance for VR Group’s Finnish business operations
The Group's operating profit was EUR 43.3 (65.4) million. Comparable net sales fell by 3.6 per cent.
A total of 117.9 million passenger trips were made. The qu... Read more
- Christmas is approaching – trains are filling for the holidays
Finns have been buying train tickets at a record pace – the number of seats sold for trains in the Christmas period is about one third more than last year. This... Read more
- Martti Koskinen to become Acting Director of VR Transpoint
Martti Koskinen, Director of Sales and Marketing at VR Group’s Logistics Division (VR Transpoint), has been appointed Director of VR Transpoint on a temporary b... Read more
- Harri Lukkarinen appointed Managing Director of VR Track
Harri Lukkarinen has been appointed the new Managing Director of VR Track, the infrastructure company of VR Group. He will take up his new position immediately.... Read more
- Little change in VR Group’s operating profit
• VR Group’s operating profit in January−September was EUR 25.5 million. • In passenger services, the total number of journeys increased, and 83.9 millio... Read more
- Rolf Jansson appointed President and CEO of the VR Group
Rolf Jansson has been appointed President and CEO of the VR Group. He will assume his new post immediately. Prior to this, Jansson served as Senior Vice Preside... Read more
- Tickets now for sale: In December, VR is adding hundreds of train services to different parts of Finland
Train connections will noticeably improve all over Finland when VR’s new timetable comes into effect on 11 December. Tickets for this new timetable period can b... Read more
- Vectron on show at the world’s largest rail traffic rolling stock and transport technology trade fair
Siemens will be presenting the Vectron electric locomotive modified for VR Group at InnoTrans, the world’s largest rail traffic rolling stock and transport tech... Read more
- VR Group’s operating profit improves
VR Group's operating profit from January to was EUR 1.2 million; an improvement on the previous year of EUR 2.2 million.
The increased number of trips on passe... Read more