VR is starting an energy efficiency programme which aims to increase the efficiency of energy use by 5–10% and to involve all VR employees and stakeholders in energy saving efforts. The methods include promoting economical driving methods, improving traffic and fleet planning, improving the ene...
7. November 2022News and current issuesResponsibilityOperating environment and cooperation
Arriva Sverige AB, sold by the Arriva International Ltd, has been transferred to the ownership of the VR Group. The contract between Arriva International Ltd which is owned by the Deutsche Bahn and VR Group was signed earlier this spring on 24th of March 2022.
1. July 2022Press releasesOperating environment and cooperationStrategy and growthServices and selection
On 6 April, the Board of Directors of VR Group made a decision to stop freight traffic between Russia and Finland and, on this basis, the company has prepared a plan to shut down traffic, in consultation with customers and taking into account the security of supply. The termination of contracts...
3. May 2022Press releasesLogisticsOperating environment and cooperation
On 6th of April, 2022, VR Group’s Board of Directors made the decision to discontinue the Eastern freight traffic in a controlled manner. With this decision, VR Transpoint, which is responsible for the freight traffic, will draw up a traffic rundown plan.
6. April 2022Press releasesOperating environment and cooperationResponsibilityLogistics
We previously announced that we would be suspending VR Transpoint's eastern freight traffic on 27 March 2022
as a result of the UK’s sanctions against Russian Railways (RZD). However, according to the clarification we have received from the UK authorities, these sanctions do not apply to the ...
30. March 2022Press releasesOperating environment and cooperationLogistics