Harri Lukkarinen appointed Managing Director of VR Track
23. November 2016 Press releases
Harri Lukkarinen has been appointed the new Managing Director of VR Track, the infrastructure company of VR Group. He will take up his new position immediately. The company’s previous Managing Director Ville Saksi resigned in September.
Harri Lukkarinen has until now been in charge of the construction business at VR Track, and has previ-ously also served as a development manager. He has worked for the company since 2005.
– Harri Lukkarinen has strong expertise in the infrastructure sector. He has participated in the de-velopment of VR Track’s operations in Finland and demonstrated great competence in reforming the company, says Rolf Jansson, Managing Director of VR-Group.
– The industry is facing big challenges. While competition is getting tighter, VR Track is actively seeking growth also in other business sectors. An excellent example is the tramway alliance in Tampere, in which the company is participating. In my view, Lukkarinen definitely has the capa-bility and ability to further develop VR Track, make the company more customer-oriented and create new growth possibilities.
– It is wonderful to accept this new role and to be able to join our professionals to make VR Track an even stronger expert, says Harri Lukkarinen.
Deficiencies have been discovered in track maintenance areas that have been VR Track’s responsibility. The company regrets the mistakes it has made and takes the matter extremely seriously.
– VR Track’s experience in track construction and big projects spans more than 150 years. We want to gain back the trust in our operations and have already made significant changes to avoid similar mistakes. The most important thing for us is to be worth the trust and carry out the infra-structure projects and contracts safely while providing good quality. We also play a strong part in the development of the whole field and its technology so that we can provide our customers with even better services,’ stresses Lukkarinen.
VR Track is an expert in railway systems
VR Track is Finland's biggest track builder and one of the largest infrastructure engineering construction companies and design offices in the country. The company’s services cover the entire life cycle of infra-structure projects: design, construction and maintenance. VR Track is also a major supplier of railway materials. In addition to Finland, the company also operates in Sweden.
The net sales of VR Track and its subsidiaries total €307 million. The company employs 1,700 construc-tion and design professionals in Finland and Sweden. VR Track’s customers include the government, municipalities, ports, and companies that use railway services and other infrastructure engineering ser-vices. The Finnish Transport Agency is the biggest customer.
– born in 1970
– MSc (Tech.), Civil and Construction Engineering
– Vice President of Construction at VR Track since 2013, previously also served as a development manager
– employed by VR Track since 2005
– previously also worked as director of infrastructure construction at CMC Terasto Oy, which was part of Jaakko Pöyry Infra
– INFRA ry (Infra Contractors Association in Finland), member of the contracts committee since 2013