VR Group Management Team handles the strategic and otherwise significant matters affecting VR Group, as well as its most important daily functions and operational decisions.
The Management Team generally convenes once a week, and the President and CEO of VR-Group Ltd acts as its chairperson.
The President and CEO is responsible for managing the Group's day-to-day administration in accordance with the instructions and orders issued by the Board of Directors. The Board selects and dismisses the President and CEO and determines his remuneration.
Rolf Jansson, Chairperson
- b. 1969, M.Sc. (Eng.), M.Sc. (Econ.);
- President and CEO, VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2009;
- previously served as Senior Vice President at VR Transpoint, Executive Director at Nordea Corporate Finance, and as Management Consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton;
- board chair, VR Track;
- board member, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company;
- board member, Service Sector Employers PALTA;
- board member, East Office of Finnish Industries;
- board member, Sarlin Group Oy Ab;
- board member, Freight One Scandinavia Ltd.
- b. 1973, M.Sc.;
- Senior Vice President, Train Operations, VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 1999;
- previously served as Transport Manager responsible for train driver operations and as Regional Manager in VR Group and Project Manager at the University of Oulu.
- b. 1984, M.Sc., Industrial Engineering and Management
- Senior Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development, VR-Group Ltd
- Employed by VR Group since 2009
- previously served as Vice President, Production and Head of Planning at VR Transpoint, in business development at VR Transpoint and VR Group and as a Management Consultant at Bain & Company and Booz Allen Hamilton
- board member, VR Track
- b. 1969, M.Sc. (Eng.), M.Sc. (Econ.);
- CFO, VR-Group Ltd;
- appointed as CFO of VR Group in 2017; prior to his appointment as CFO, Hyvärinen has served as a member of the VR Group Board of Directors;
- previously served as Senior Financial Counsellor at the Prime Minister’s Office, CFO at FIM Corporation, Director at Concordia Capital Ab and at Nordea Corporate Finance, and as Analyst at Merrill Lynch;
- board member, Patria Plc.
- b. 1957, B.Eng.;
- Director, VR Transpoint;
- VR Transpoint’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing since 2009;
- previously served, for instance, as Director of Central and East European Business Operations at Corus Ltd and held positions as Ruukki Construction Marketing and Procurement Director and as Regional Manager for Central Europe at Rautaruukki Corporation.
- b. 1968, LL.M.;
- Senior Vice President, Human Resources, VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2004;
- previously served as HR Director at VR Ltd and VR-Group Ltd and as a lawyer at Elisa Corporation.
- b. 1970, M.Sc. (Eng.), Civil and Construction Engineering;
- Managing Director, VR Track Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2005;
- previously served as Vice President of Construction (since 2013) and as Vice President of Business Development at VR Track Ltd, and as Director of Infrastructure Construction at CMC Terasto Oy (part of Jaakko Pöyry Infra);
- serves as a member of the committee on contractual work at Infra Contractors Association in Finland.
- b. 1967, M.Sc. (Econ.);
- Senior Vice President of Passenger Services of VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2014;
- previously served as Executive Vice President at Stockmann plc and as Director of its Department Store Division.
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors, Silmäasema Oyj
- b. 1958, M.Sc. (Eng.);
- Senior Vice President, Maintenance, VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2013;
- has worked previously at Finnair Plc in various management positions.
- b. 1969, M.Soc.Sc;
- Senior Vice President, Communications, VR-Group Ltd;
- employed by VR Group since 2018;
- previously served as Head of Communications and Public Affairs at Telia and before that in various positions at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Transport and Communications.